Sunday, March 27, 2011

St. Patricks Day!

This year I wanted to do something fun for Kaylee and go all out for St. Patrick's Day. I had planned on making a leprechaun trap and having her go on a little treasure hunt but things didn't really work out the way I had planned. I started making the trap but ran out of time and patience so I wasn't able to finish it. Maybe I will try again next year. Maybe. :) I ended up decorating a little treasure chest and filling it with some candy. I gave it to her the morning of St. Patrick's day and told her the leprechaun left it for her. She loved it!!! I think mostly because she LOVES chocolate!!

We had our good friends Ethan and Ellen over the day before St. Patrick's day and made cute leprechaun pictures. So much fun!!!

I tried out a new sugar cookie recipe and made shamrock shaped sugar cookies with green frosting. They were very yummy and I am so glad that I found a good sugar cookie recipe. You can find the recipe here. My parent's had us over for a yummy corned beef and cabbage dinner and I brought some of the cookies along for dessert. Dinner was so DELICIOUS!!! I think I could have eaten all of the corned beef myself! So good!!!


I am trying harder to make holidays more fun for Kaylee and help create some great memories for her. I guess this is a start...baby steps right?! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

" Look what I got!!"
My sad attempt at making a leprechaun trap. Kaylee enjoying the treasure the leprechaun left her.

3 comments:

Luke and Lora Gamble said...

Sounds like fun! I have wanted to make holidays more special too. I was thinking of having everything for dinner be green or dyed green for St. Patrick's day.

chicogrl said...

I love the picture of her looking up at the camera with her mouth full! Get some Irish music next year and teach her a jig! ha ha that would be a priceless video!

Ellen said...

one day we'll be total pro's at all this stuff!! until then...well, we'll just keep painting handprints!! ha ha ha